Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Japanese painting by Japanese ink - Yoko Murakami

Hi, there. First of all, I am a dinosaur and beginner for BLOG! So, I am sorry that I need to learn many function... At the moment, I am not able to response to comments person, follower..etc. Please don't think "I am rude!!!" Now I focus on showing my accompany works. Please enjoy each article. One more sorry for my English.
Anyway......
Have you seen this footpath sign on Latrobe tce Paddington?
The picture was painted by Yoko Murakami. I asked her to paint "A Kimono lady who harvested flowers and Japanese hand towel"(It's me! but changed the face from my face to the traditional Japanese cute lady!!!!)

Her back ground is Japanese traditional painting in Japan. She has 2 daughters and quality of life with her partner here. Since last year, she has started painting pictures and joining in a couple of group exhibitions.
She is painting with Japanese inks on Japanese rice papers. Her current interest are "Nature" and "Children" Please enjoy her some of works as below. Some works look like "Contemporary SUMIE"!







*There are 5-6 her works at my shop(98 Latrobe tce) also a couple of works at Hanasho(West end).














No comments: