Friday, September 10, 2010

Daruma spirit

Hi, I am talking a bit about my life. It has been Daruma's feeling!

Daruma has been a symbolic of optimism persistence, strong determination and good luck!!

Most daruma's eyes are blanks. When a person sets up a specific goal, filling the one eye in with black ink. After achieved the goal, fill the other eye in.


We Japanese has an old proverb "七転八起(nana-korobi ya-oki)".
The meaning is "Life has its ups and downs, please do not be so depressed!"

I have been learning such a Japanese spirit through Brisbane's life. So I painted the daruma picture which is myself(up and down!!)!! "Life is fun, so ups and downs, do our best and enjoy as much as we can!!!

2 comments:

glennjf said...

After having met you, I can say you have a very good spirit and now it seems you are also a very good artist. More good luck to you!

:)

Kaz said...

Thanks! I enjoy "making" stuff, that's why I am an vintage kimono bag maker not designer. On the other hand, I suppose everybody is "artist" for each life and art is our life too