Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How to prepare vintage kimono textile for making vintage kimono bear and kimono bag



Hi, As you know I am making the vintage kimono bags at shop and studio at home.
However, nobody knows how much I need time for preparing the textiles.

1. looking for the vintage kimono in Japan - I, myself and my parents to get the textile from country side, small solo trading shop. Because the balance of kimono's price and condition is very important for supplying the bag with reasonable price, If Tokyo, Kyoto, please pop in the markets. Also I am an analogue person who wanna check the quality with my eye, so visit the place!

2. unpicking without any damage on the textile - it's like a mediation for me!

3. wash - some kimono can wash, some kimono should not!!(I had many disaster's experiences)
Please do not use hot water, easy to shrink!!!

4.dry - hang up under the shade until half dry.

5. iron - when half dry, start to iron over the thin textile(the picture's case were using a towel and a thin textile for keeping nice Shibori pattern(3D).

So, now it's time to cut the textile for making kimono bag, bear, brooch....


By the way, Christmas is coming soon, For the Christmas gift, now the last timing for taking customised order(I will take the order until 3rd of Dec). If Brisbane people, please pop in my shop. Otherwise, please send an email to kimonofrog@yahoo.co.jp


No comments: