Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not vintage kimono, but..."from 1980 onwards" is better???

It's the first time for me no motivation to make bags.
The reason is..............I am wondering I should not try to make the real vintage kimono bags.
I have made a lot, maybe a thousand bags in last 6 years. I enjoyed a lot about many different kimonos and sashes without any concern of the bag's future.

The real vintage kimono is already such as great grandmother. So, as a bag, it's not strong enough practically.

In the last article, I described about the experiment of glues which use between the kimono and interface.The glues made vintage fabrics strong but kill the fine silk feature.

My current feeling - I should not use the fine vintage kimono silk as same as "from 1980 onwards"sash.

That means...I should use the fine vintage kimono silk(1900-1960) for only the party bags or partly patched works?? - However, if the user understand well about that the vintage kimono bag need to maintenance well such as caring great grandma, it will still be the unique beautiful bag made of the real vintage kimono!

I really want to use the vintage kimono for a whole panel of bags - people can enjoy dynamic pattern or story on the vintage bag.

I might be writing this article myself - talking myself Sorry.

No comments: